Monday, May 18, 2009

GA Aquarium!

Today was my first full day in Georgia, and Maggie and I spent it at the Georgia Aquarium.
(Maggie and I have been best friends since we were born.  She now lives in Atlanta, so we don't have nearly enough time together!)






(This is a whale shark...it was GI-NORMOUS)

Check out the very fashionable sting-ray with it's leopard print...

This is me walking through the tunnel that went through the giant tank that was full of sharks, fish, sting rays....

It was awesome!

Spider-Crab....eek!

The whale shark was my favorite fish of the day. I would never want to encounter one face-to-face, but it was an awesome looking creature. Especially next to all of the tiny fish.



They were also in the middle of the run of their visiting Titanic Aquatic exhibit - which, as many of you know, is a huge point of interest for me. I just find everything having to do with this ship fascinating...so of course we bought tickets for the exhibit. No photos allowed, however. :(

You'll just have to go see it yourself ;)
Thanks to Jenny I had recently seen an episode of Ghost Hunters that focused around this exhibit AND the Georgia Aquarium...it was a really neat episode and I was excited to get to see it while I was in town.


This I just thought was hilarious.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great Georgia Aquarium photos, and especially for the opportunity to see Mary and Maggie together having fun! xo

    ReplyDelete