Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Carolina On My Mind

Sorry for not posting yesterday - it was quite a whirlwind!

I left Maryland and headed through Virginia on my way to the Raleigh/Durham Airport to pick up my friend Matt (a buddy from college) and head towards my show in Carrboro.


It was a beautiful day - blue skies, warm weather - the perfect day for a drive!
 


Not long after I took this picture, the road narrowed to two lanes, and the sky began to fill with black smoke...the cars all slowed and then halted completely - you could see the huge car fire up ahead. 
The next two hours were spent in the sun, watching as fire trucks and police cars sped through to the accident. It was a terrible scene.  Everyone waiting with their cars were just concerned about the people involved, and thankful that they weren't one of them.  It was nice to not hear one person complain about being late. 
Eventually they were able to clear the road and I made it to the airport and to the coffee house with just enough time to eat a bite and play the show.




This is Ginger - she set me up with the show at the Open Eye Cafe in Carrboro - it was a great coffee house with a built in lap-top loving crowd. Thanks Ginger!


Matt and I ended the day with a Wendy's Frosty...it was a delicious way to end a day!


1 comment:

  1. Safe travels Mary and Matt! I like the picture of the cardinal on the Virginia sign!Bet there's a lot of other cars on the road bound for the Florida Music Festival!

    ReplyDelete