Saturday, May 23, 2009

Derby City Espresso For Real!

Yesterday Nick flew in to Louisville to spend the long weekend and got to enjoy the set-back of THIS stop.

After picking him up from the airport we decided to stop at Dairy Queen to get some ice cream.
I'm not quite sure what happened, but I turned off the car, got out, locked and shut the door.....aaaaaand there were my keys, on the other side of the window, sitting comfortably on my seat. I knew it immediately after starting to swing the door shut but it was too late. It happened so fast!

It was the best set-back I'd had, however. We called AAA and went inside to sit in the air conditioning and enjoy some ice cream while we waited. It was the first time I'd ever locked my keys in the car, but I couldn't have picked a better place to do it.

Nick's extended family lives here in Louisville, so we got to visit at dinner and then they came out to the show at Derby City Espresso. It was a neat place with a lot of very cool artwork, and the two local musicians, Jamie Barnes and Brooks Ritter were very welcoming and happy to have me and another out-of-towner, Mike Griffin, at the shop.



1 comment:

  1. Triple A saves the day ... again :)
    Yay for Dairy Queen, too!
    Great photos at the Derby!

    ReplyDelete