Monday, May 18, 2009

Georgia On My Mind...


(First of all, I have to say that I should have titled my NC blog "Carolina IN my Mind..." that was the song I was going for...a little JT...)

Well, after a lovely brunch with my Florida friends, I was on the road again and headed towards Atlanta.


I managed to get there without any major issues - the only one being the massive downpour that happened somewhere on I-75N...

The clouds were looking rather menacing and then all of a sudden the rain started - no warmup drizzle, just DOWNPOUR.


The highway was instantly flooded with red-clay water and all cars immediately decelerated to about 20mph, windshield wipers working furiously and it was nearly impossible to see. 
Thankfully that only lasted about 15-20 minutes, but that was the hardest I've had to concentrate in a while.

The remainder of the ride was a general rainy mix - sometimes rain rain, sometimes drizzle...but then it faded away as I approached the beautiful city of Atlanta! (Had me thinking about Philly for sure... :)





(I just thought my dash looked neat...)

(Oh and by the way, in this trip alone I've put 1,697.4 miles on my car...so far...or as far along as I was when I took this picture...)

No comments:

Post a Comment