Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Paper Clip in the Tire?!


Well, the days just get more and more interesting, don't they? 

Today was the long drive from North Carolina to Orlando, Florida - and we were ready for it!

After a nice breakfast we made our way to I-95 and headed south. (I should clarify that "we" is myself and my friend Matt who met me for part of the road trip.)

Not too far into our trip, the car started bumping and smoke could be seen in the rear-view mirror.....we had blown a flat.

The tire was crazy looking!





So the lovely folks at AAA pushed us up to priority since we were on the shoulder of I-95 and they were out rather quickly to help us with our predicament. They put the donut on the car and checked to make sure there was no major damage done and that were safe to drive a few miles to find a tire store and get a new tire. 




So we made our way South of the Border to a town called Dillon, South Carolina...and while the people were very lovely, there wasn't one tire the correct size in the town. So off we were to Florence, SC! (We were that car going 40 on a 70 highway with our hazards on...) This is where we learned that it was a piece of a paper clip that had punctured the tire and caused all of that damage.




One new tire, two Quiznos subs and 3 1/2 hours later we were back in business...and we had a wonderful rest of the ride to Florida!

And now it's time for bed. 
(PS there are two awesome videos from this event that I'm having trouble posting...I'll keep trying over the next couple of days...)

No comments:

Post a Comment