Monday, April 19, 2010

A Walk through Sherwood Forest

Heather and I had big plans for the day - but when we woke up, relaxing just seemed like a much better idea.

My show for tonight fell through (boo!) but that just opened up a little more time to spend together and not have to run around like crazy.

As the morning was rather overcast (a rarity for here, but nothing new to me!) we hung back at the ranch. I pulled a chair up to the edge of the mountain with my guitar and just played for a while. The view is absolutely incredible here - it's just a huge expanse of sky and mountains. If you look in one direction off of the mountain, there is no trace of any other human being as far as your eye can see. It's absolutely beautiful.

After our relaxing morning, the sun came out and we decided to take a hike through the property which Heather fondly refers to as Sherwood Forest.

Nook, Angel and Moon came along and had a great time as well.









These are the beautiful poppies that grow wild on the side of the mountain:

I love this setting on my camera

This is one happy dog!



This is the forest-y part

Solar panels number 2!

After our walk and a nice amount of water (I've learned that a steady intake of water is very important here!) we hopped in the truck and headed over to the Deer Creek Fire Agate mine where Heather and her mining partner Dave do part of their work. The drive was, of course, beautiful.




I learned how to find pieces of Fire Agate that Heather then would take and craft into shapes for jewelry.
This first picture is a rough Fire Agate that I found today, and the second is a finished piece - it's amazing what natural beauty is hiding underneath! It really makes me think of dragon skin....




[For more information about Fire Agate, you can visit Heather's company's ebay account - Earths Partners Gems and Jewelry! (She just created a facebook page too, but it's a work in project...)

Thanks for checking in!!

1 comment:

  1. Great photos once again! Arizona looks awesome!
    Thanks for sharing your day with us!

    ReplyDelete