Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Day 3!

Monday was day 3 of our video shoot for "I Miss You."

We started out the day at Mugshots Coffee House where we filmed some performance shots as well as some lovely "Mary drinking tea" shots. :) Thanks to everyone at Mugshots and to all of our willing and enthusiastic extras!


(A little inside story on Mugshots - it's actually where I had my first date with my fiancee, Nick...and it's the coffee house I wrote about in the song "Clark Kent"....

"I went for coffee tonight with Clark Kent
He wasn't raised in Smallville, but a small town in Ohio
It wasn't anything romantic like a cafe by the sea
Just a little shop for coffee 'cross from Eastern State Pennitentiary..."

So we were in one of my favorite sections of Philadelphia, Fairmount, but in the video it will appear to be a coffee house far far away... :)


A little later I really got to put my actor hat back on as we filmed the scenes with Tim Weinert, who plays my on-screen boyfriend.
(An inside story on how I know Tim...I met Tim on the set of "The Matter with Clark," the independent film written and directed by Jonathan Rola and filmed by Michael Leary...who are also filming my music video! Tim played Jack and I played Linden - but in that movie my love interest was Jack's best friend, Clark. If you want to check out the trailer or behind-the-scenes clips from that visit www.myspace.com/thematterwithclark)

We ended up filming until midnight - just as the Phillies/Dodgers game came to the bottom of the 9th inning...what an ending! I'm fairly positive that we scared the crap out of some tourists when Jimmy Rollins hit that ground ball to right field - 4 people in a parked car, windows up, radio blaring, CHEERING HYSTERICALLY as the announcer screamed THE PHILLIES HAVE WON THE BALL GAME!!! We jumped out of the car chanting "Let's Go Phillies!!"





Ah, I love this town :)





(I have to note that while I'm not the type to push for a political candidate on my blog, I have no problem voicing my Phillies Pride)





Special thanks to Caitlin and Derick for opening up their home to for filming!





At Mugshots Coffee House (21st and Fairmount Ave, Philadelphia, PA)









On set with Tim


("Relaxing on the couch and laughing all about the day...")


Wrapping up the day's shoot - Jon, Mike, Tim and Mary!
Celebrating the Phillies win...after 14 hours of filming it's no wonder we were punchy...

No comments:

Post a Comment