Friday, September 10, 2010

Studio time - New EP!

My 27th was my last post? Shame on me!

Well, this summer has been busy and great. I had a few gigs here and there, both in NYC, Harrisburg, Philly and Jersey. Most of my time (musically) has been spent traveling between Philly and Brookly for pre-production for the new EP.

That brings us to today - our first day of actual production! We are in Syracuse, NY for three days of recording sessions, then we head back to Philadelphia for two more days in two more studios. This sounds like my life in general - always moving, always in a different place!

Today is drum and percussion day, so I have a lot of time to sit and listen...and write this blog :)

Who is "we," you ask? I am here with my friend/producer/drummer Nathan Terry, our sound engineer Shaun and his assistant (and engineer in his own right) Andrew.

Here are some photos of the studio!

Upright Grand Piano - it sounds awesome - and was made in Philadelphia!

What's behind this wall of sound, you wonder....?

Shaun at the board, Nathan watching and Andrew looking on in the background.
This is where I am - relaxing cross-legged on the couch with my computer and my cup of tea. If I had thought about it I would have taken a photo of my view of the soundboard from the couch. Well, I did, but it didn't make the cut. :)



Stay tuned for more photos and perhaps a video or two as well...
(and say some prayers that this sniffle issue I woke up with yesterday corrects itself before tomorrow's day of singing!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment